For you who want to help yourself while learning to help others
Advanced Training IoPT
I highly recommend Marta’s seminar to everyone and especially to counselors, therapists and all those working in health care.
- Dr. Gabor Maté -
Level 2: Advanced Training
Advanced Training in Identity Oriented Psychotraumatheory and – Therapy (IoPT)
We warmly welcome you to an exciting and rewarding programme, where you help yourself while learning to help others.
The objective of the programme is to provide a thorough insight into modern trauma theory and treatment for adults, adolescents and children/families. You will learn how trauma affects identity development, the development of our free will, and all other mental structures, including body development and growth. The training also includes the different trauma types and their characteristics as well as how to deal with split parts after traumatisation.
- Prevention, treatment and way out of traumatic stress.
- Integrated trauma and attachment psychology. Developmental Psychology.
- Developmental trauma and other traumatisation.
- The consequences of traumatic stress, prevention and repair.
- Consequences for health, kindergarten, school and drug treatment.
- Trauma-based care.
The programme consist of 12 weekend modules (4 days each) over the course of one year and a half. Admittance is
open to anyone who wants to help themselves while learning to help others.
The training will be given in Norwegian with English translation. Location is Stavanger on the south-west coast of Norway – easily accessible via international flights.
The program builds on professor Ruppert’s theoretical framework of an Identity oriented Psychotraumtheory – IoPT. Based on established trauma theories and his own research, as well as extensive therapeutic experience with clients, both individually and in group settings, Prof. Franz Ruppert developed the theoretical framework within Identity-oriented psychotrauma theory and therapy: IoPT. This framework is based on five theoretical foundations and one practical method:
- The Human Psyche: well-being, stress and trauma
- Identity and the Trauma of Identity
- The Trauma of Love and the Trauma of Sexuality
- The Perpetrator-Victim-Dynamic in relations
- The Intention Method and the Resonance Technique
The method by which we implement the insights and objectives of the identity-oriented Psycho trauma therapy, is called Self Encounter with the sentence or picture of intention. Which means the following: A person who wants to work therapeutically on him- or herself first considers his/hers intention: What do I want to achieve through this work? What is my goal? What would I like to look at more closely? What is the next steps in my therapy?.
Modules: content and schedule
The modules consist of teaching, reflection and discussion of theory as well as practical work regarding the intentions of the participants. Each participant receives at least one IoPT process per module. Starting with module six, everyone is given the opportunity to practice the Intention method under supervision.
Module 1 March 22 – 25
The psyche as a living organism. Latest development and general aspects in IoPT. Development of Identity. The phases of a session- in one-to-one settings or in group settings.
Module 2 May 10 – 13
Bonding and Love. Bonding patterns, what is relation, what is bonding? Development of Identity. How is the development of I and will influenced during early traumatisation. The way out of the traumabiography.
Module 3 June 28 – July 1
Psycho trauma. What is stress? What is trauma? The different types of trauma, and the short, medium and long term affects. Split and dissociation as consequences of trauma.
Module 4 September 6 – 9
Trauma of Identity. The core concept of IoPT.
Psycho trauma from conception on – InUtero time – Birth and early childhood trauma.
Module 5 October 25 – 28
Trauma of Love. What is Love? Trauma of Sexuality. What is Sexuality?
Module 6 December 13 – 16
Identity, Identification and attributions.
Participants starts to find a theme for the thesis, and start training on facilitating resonance processes within the student group.
Module 7 January 24 – 27
The methodology and technique of IoPT.
Development of the methodology and theory of IoPT. In individual therapy in groups, in one-to-one settings with client and therapist and in counseling.
Module 8 March 6 – 9
Couple relationships and other relations. Who am I in relations? How to grow good relationships. Who am I in a traumatised and traumatising society?
Module 9 May 8 – 11
Victim and perpetrator and victim-perpetrator identifications. Domestic violence.
Module 10 June 19 – 22
Psycho trauma of own actions. Perpetrator-victom dynamics – and the way out.
Module 11 August 28 – 31
Symptoms, illnesses or trauma?
I, my body, my trauma
How to grow health and how to grow illnesses
Module 12 October 2 – 5
Conclusion. Presentation of thesis
Diploma and certificate of attendance
Publications in English and Norwegian by Franz Ruppert, most books also published in other languages:
- Who am I in a traumatised society –available in Norwegian – in English February 2019
- My Body, My Trauma , My I. With the latest development and practical examples of working therapeutical with physical symptoms.
- Barndomstraumer/Early Trauma
- Traumer, frykt og kjærlighet/Trauma, fear and love
- Symbiose og Autonomi: Fra usunn til sunn selvstendighet/Symbiosis and Autonomy: Symbiotic Trauma – Love Beyond Entanglement
- Forstå dine sår i sjelen.
- Traumer, tilknytning og familiekonstellasjoner/Trauma, Bonding and Family Constellations: Understanding and Healing Injuries of the Soul (2008).
- Splits in the Soul: Integrating Traumatic Experiences (2011)
Books are available for purchase during the modules.